About Chef Michael
- 1964 - My father took me to the famous automat restaurant in NYC
- 1968 - My brother beat me out in a baking competition
- 1972 - Began working at Gino's Fried Chicken for $1.65 per hour
- 1973 - Began Food Service Education at TR North with Mr. Willson as my Instructor
- 1974 - Worked at the Jersey Shore-Volunteered at local events
- 1975 - Entered the CIA and started working at Buck Hill Inn, yes the Haunted Hotel in the Pocono's
- 1976 - We lost our mother to Breast cancer
- 1977 - I graduated from the Culinary Institute of America
- 1989-1993 - Glassboro, NJ- worked with the Girl Scout Troop and guided them through catering their own Christmas party-Pitman, NJ-taught the Girl Scouts food preparation in a commercial kitchen-Worked with the South Jersey Development Council on their First Annual Tennis Open and collected $5,000 in donations for the event.
- 1997-2003 - Owner of CHEFSATWORK.COM - Chef Recruiting firm-placed over 500 chefs across the USA
- 1994-2002 - Volunteered with Children in Long Beach island, NJ and conducted Progressive Dinners for Hadassah
- 2002-2007 - Volunteered over 50 events with children in the East Ky/Southern West Virginia area.
- 2007-2010 - Culinary Arts Instructor-Job Corps-take students to ACF meetings and competitions after school hours, volunteer with the Red Cross, sell Granola to benefit Childhood hunger in the area and volunteer with them at a local church.
- 2011 - Chefsformammograms.com, In-home chef services in Northshore area homes & businesses, ServSafe Instructor/Proctor for area Food Service establishments,Community Volunteer, St. Anselm church & Knights of Columbus member. Present-Owner Chef Mikey®, Personal Chef In the Chicagoland area
Proud Of My Children!
- - Patrick the Actor
See his movie! - "Victor"
Available to order digitally by using the link button below. More
- - Devon - Loving the Shore Life
- - Sean - Shakespeare Actor & Teacher
My Culinary Resume
Chef Mikey has worked as a professional chef in all the states shown below:
I am an in-home personal chef with forty-one years of industry experience, with the last 15 working in homes across the country.
2002 - Current - PRIVATE CHEF
Chef in private homes and business
1972 - Current- CATERING CHEF
TAVERN ON THE GREEN TO LAS VEGAS HILTON, USA
My career began at the age of 16
ASSOCIATE IN CULINARY ARTS
CULINARY INSTITUTE OF AMERICA, Hyde Park N.Y.
TIED ROBERT IRVINE IN 12 MINUTE COOKOFF
RIALTO THEATRE ON STAGE IRON CHEF
CHAIRPERSON FOR LOUIS JOLIET ACF CHEF AND CHILD
$10,000 AWARD FROM HIDDEN VALLEY RANCH WORLD'S BEST PECAN GRANOLA
ACF MYSTERY BASKET